Hello and Welcome!

Friends and clients alike have been hounding us for ages to have a blog, so we finally broke down and started one. Please feel free to comment, we love to hear what people have to say about our work!

Enjoy!
~Matt and Krystaly
www.SheerElegancePhotography.com
info@SheerElegancePhotography.com

Keeping the blog personal - AND TERRIFYING

I have been such a slacker on this blog lately, and I have been terrible about our family blog too, www.krystalyandmatt.blogspot.com, (but that's nothing new) and it just reminded me about the goal we had in the first place to keep this blog more personal. So, here is our little adventure from last night.... It was a doosey.

I stopped by my grandparent's house last night to pick up the mail only to find that their house had been broken into! I had taken the trash cans up from the curb and walked around the back and found the back door kicked in... *ugh* they are the most giving people I have ever met. That this would happen to them of all people is just heart breaking. I called my aunt/sister (it's complicated - but not wiered. Promise.) who is in charge of watching the house and I called the cops. I wasn't crazy enough to go in there by myself!! I was a kid in this house - I know that there are TONS of places to hide, some you would never be found in! Friends of mine from college will attest - we had many very crazy games of hide-and-go-seek there - even as adults!! The cops had to go and we had to wait for the processing unit to come. So, I called my dad! Having been in law enforcement for years and being a very large and scary looking man, who else would I call?! He and my brother and, of course, my darling husband all came to the rescue (baby in-tow might I add). We were there til about 2 am... (needless to say I have a very cranky child). It just breaks my heart to see that. It is such a scary thing. It scares me to be in that house alone even still, and i'm 25 - even when it hasn't been broken into! *sigh* but, so be it, and all we can do is go from here. And maybe buy them a pit-bull or two... :)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Why can't people leave other people's things ALONE! It drives me nuts...why do they think they can go steal things that aren't theirs!!!! Our car was stolen last November and the things they took out of it (when it was recovered) made no sense at all!

Juliet Douglas said...

Oh my god. I'm so sorry. That's awful and so scary! I'm glad nobody was hurt.

rachel said...

How scary! I agree with Rachael, it makes me so mad! We had our house broken into a couple years ago. The alarm scared them off before they took anything but I felt so unsafe in my home for weeks after.