Hello and Welcome!

Friends and clients alike have been hounding us for ages to have a blog, so we finally broke down and started one. Please feel free to comment, we love to hear what people have to say about our work!

Enjoy!
~Matt and Krystaly
www.SheerElegancePhotography.com
info@SheerElegancePhotography.com

Die Hard Twilight Fan



I am not ashamed to admit, I am a huge Twilight fan. Matt is not as much of a fan, as soon as I pick up a good book I don't resurface for hours - or more often days at a time. But, for the most part, he supports my little reading addiction. :) I hope to one day write a book myself, but with life as crazy as it is that dream has been put on the shelf and is readily collecting dust. It irks me to no end that a 'friend' of hers would post an unfinished copy of her next book online. Rough ideas are just that - rough, unrefined, and a bad representation of what her work really is. It would be like posting pictures where we were checking lighting or in the middle of adjusting settings that would eventually lead to getting a really cool effect - it just doesn't work. While the end result is usually awesome, the stuff in between is often not. Personally, I hope Stephanie will eventually get back on the horse, shake off those that made her miserable, and see how many people there are out there that adore her and her work. It's hard to have people tell you your work isn't good enough, or exploit your ideas. But, I won't read the book online. I will wait until I have my hard-bound copy with its pretty black and red dust jacket to join the rest before I open it. As an artist (in a different genre, obviously) I just won't do that to her. I just hope she doesn't keep us waiting too long!

5 comments:

Melissa B said...

Wow, I agree with you on all accounts. I had no idea somebody did that. I try to avoid all things Twilight on the internet because there are a lot of people out there that want to spoil the fun of sitting down and reading a good book.

Sarah said...

I love to read! And I also loved the Twilight books. That's too bad about a "friend" doing that.

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

You are better than me. I totally read it when I first saw her message posted on her website. I completely love it and don't find if flawed at all. It was maybe a third of the story but was my favorite out of the series. I burst out laughing at some parts at 3 in the morning. I feel so bad for her and so angry to the people giving her a lot of criticism.

Rachael said...

I agree with not reading it online. While I am a fan-I can wait for the finished, polished version!

Team Livingston said...

my in-laws are totally into this series now...how funny. when they were telling me about, all i could think about, was how you were telling about this in primary that day!