Hello and Welcome!

Friends and clients alike have been hounding us for ages to have a blog, so we finally broke down and started one. Please feel free to comment, we love to hear what people have to say about our work!

Enjoy!
~Matt and Krystaly
www.SheerElegancePhotography.com
info@SheerElegancePhotography.com

The Bell Family



Taking family pictures with little ones can have a tendancy to be a little bit crazy. This shoot in particular required a little more care and cosideration than most family shoots. The darling little girl here has Rett Syndrome. We wanted to make sure she was comfortable in her surroundings and that there wouldn't be too much around to over-stimulate her. So, we went somewhere no kid could ever feel unwelcome - my grandmother's house! My grandparents are currently serving a mission for our church, but the backyard is still completely shaded with huge old trees, and the swingset and trampoline are still in great working condition. What kid wouldn't love that! Plus the fact that they wouldn't have to share with any other kids as they would have on a playground. It worked brilliantly. The kids were happy, most of the time, and we ended up with several really great shots. I was honestly shocked they turned out so well.

We ended up taking over 1500 pictures, but our favorites are in a separate folder (There are around 80 of them) if you want to take a look!

www.Pictage.com/477161

 








 

7 comments:

Juliet Douglas said...

Those kids are so cute! Check out my recent post. ;)

Brooklyn said...

Beautiful!
My 3 year old daughter has Rett Syndrome - your blog was listed in my Google Alerts this morning. You did an amazing job with this family - you captured her beautiful spirit!

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

You guys did an amazing job with the pictures, 1500!! I have fond memories of that backyard and your Grandparent's house.

Melissa B said...

I can't thank you enough for the amazing job you two did with our family pictures! It was such a peaceful experience, which is rare when it comes to taking pictures of little ones, especially Tessa. I am having a tough time deciding on pictures. I LOVE so many of them!

Sarah Stiles said...

I LOVE that second photo, with mommy and baby:-) it seems so angelic and perfectly innocent. What is that object in #4? It looks like a ladder.

Rachael said...

Tessa is absolutely beautiful and you really captured her beauty! Great job!

Jossie said...

Those are so great! Every time I see your pictures I am amazed. Great job!