Hello and Welcome!

Friends and clients alike have been hounding us for ages to have a blog, so we finally broke down and started one. Please feel free to comment, we love to hear what people have to say about our work!

Enjoy!
~Matt and Krystaly
www.SheerElegancePhotography.com
info@SheerElegancePhotography.com

Murals

I couldn't post the pictures of the paintings I did without posting a "real" picture. This is my sister attempting to practice the piano with her 3 year old in tow. Definitely a favorite of mine.

So, here are a few pictures of our Utah trip. I photographed a graduation and painted for 5 days strait. That was about it. It was really a lot of fun, I LOVE being knowen as the "paint aunt"! How many kids do you know that even have one of those? Especially when their mom is as crazy as my sister, who totally supports (and actually has credit for beginning) my little addiction. :)  There is still a lot of detail work I want to do, but not bad for limited time and assistants ranging from 3 to 13. Every kid got to help a little in their room, which I think is pretty cool. Yep, even the 3 year old. I wouldn't have had it any other way. And yes, everything was free-handed. 

This is Pete, after "Pete's Dragon" (whose name was really Elliot by the way, if anyone was interested). He was a VERY big accident that took a lot longer than I anticipated, but is by far my FAVORITE out of all the murals we did that week. My nephew got a hold of a paint brush when we weren't looking and there was suddenly a huge green blob on the wall. Instead rushing to find the matching wall paint to see if we could paint over it, what does my sister do? Unlike any rational adult I have ever knowen, she said "Oh, you can just turn it into a dragon or something." How many parents see a gigantic green blob on the wall and very calmly, almost EXITEDLY tell someone to turn it into a random mythical creature to fit the theme of the room? She's a little crazy, but by far one of the coolest mom's of all time. Hence, Pete joined the family. 

This is the "castle room" where pete guards the front door. Eventually these darling nephews of mine will have a full mural in the archway we painted, but that will take several days more to finish. My other nephew came to play the day I finished the rock work and asked where we got the big sticker from. What a compliment! I took them to Wendy's for frosties for that one.

 

This is the teenager's room. Yes, even the teenager gets a mural on his wall. He is an AVID BYU fan. Can you tell? He and his cousin even helped base the faux work on this one, and helped with base coats in several of the other rooms. I have to say, it was definitely nice to have the help. 

This is the "Space Room" and the pictures just don't do it justice. The cieling is vaulted, and I am TERRIFIED of heights. This took many hours on a ladder with every huge circular thing we could find in the house to draw and paint the planets. There are almost 1000 glow in the dark stars in the cieling, and some of the planets glow, too. The night it was done we had a "camp out" for a few minutes so everyone could see the completed "galaxy". It was actually really cool. 

This is the "black hole" in the space room. I can't even begin to tell you how cool that looked at night!

Since Pete took up so much time I didn't get to do as much to this room as I wanted. The tree will eventually be covered in moss, big leaves and huge tropical flowers. The branches and vines will go all the way around the room right below the cieling. It turned out okay for now, but will require a lot of attention on our next visit. 

6 comments:

Melissa B said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! Nice work!

K said...

WHOA!!!! You are truly amazing...again can I say, "WHAT CAN YOU NOTTTTT DO????" AmAzInG!!!!!!

rachel said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! You amaze me by your attention to detail!

Sarah Stiles said...

Well, if I didn't live in an apartment I would hire you! Hmm, maybe when we get a house. Seriously, these are totally cool! I love the castle theme. Cameron would be over the moon with that in his bedroom!

Jess said...

wow I feel like I haven't been on here forever. How fun looking!

Rachael said...

You don't lack in talents do you?