Hello and Welcome!

Friends and clients alike have been hounding us for ages to have a blog, so we finally broke down and started one. Please feel free to comment, we love to hear what people have to say about our work!

Enjoy!
~Matt and Krystaly
www.SheerElegancePhotography.com
info@SheerElegancePhotography.com

Happy Birthday Kylan!!


Kylan's birthday was on the 9th. I can't believe my little boy is already "the big 1"! It is amazing how big they get so fast. I just love him to pieces and think he is the cutest thing on earth... of course. :) For his birthday we just kept it small. I love making cakes (I actually made my wedding cake for our second reception in Denver). It is something I have loved doing for ages, and I have made more than my share... I had big plans for Kylan's cake, of course. It was a football field, and I was going to make the Bronco's logo out of Marzipan to put in the middle, and do all kinds of cool piping. But, life gets crazy, and not only could I not find my piping stuff, we had a much busier weekend than anticipated. So, here is the end result. Unfortunately.

Luckily Matt convinced me to make it a small family thing. Since I am still doing dishes from it I am very glad he talked me into that. He made Fajitas, which were amazing, and during dinner, of course, I ended up loosing everything I had eaten... Again - VERY glad we just made it a family thing!! My sister, who has been trying to have a baby for quite some time, looked at her husband and said "We've been praying for THAT for 10 years?!" :) VERY embarrassing.... But, all in all the party went well. We just hung out and watched the olympics. Here are a few pics from the evening.

Our family that came to celebrate
 
 
He wasn't sure what to think of the cake at first, but he enjoyed it once I helped him get started!


Kylan loves to clap, so when we clapped after singing to him, he joined in!


Kylan and Aunt Candace, after a BATH! It is amazing - even after the bath he was still sticky!


My dad always sings the "who let the dogs out" song to Kylan. Well, now Ky does the "who, who, who" part. It is SO funny. Here he is singing with grandpa.

4 comments:

rachel said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kylan! What cute pictures! Families of photographers are so lucky, Kylan's scrapbook is going to be so awesome!
I also loved Kylan singing to "Who let the dogs out". He is such a cute boy it was fun watching him and Connor play tonight. And thanks again for that awesome desert, I'm going to need to get your recipe!:)

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Kylan! That is funny that he sings that song with your dad!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Kylan!! He is such a cute 1 year old boy.

Jess said...

His cake looks so FUN & mmm mmm good! Looks like he thoroughly enjoyed all the family attention!