Hello and Welcome!

Friends and clients alike have been hounding us for ages to have a blog, so we finally broke down and started one. Please feel free to comment, we love to hear what people have to say about our work!

Enjoy!
~Matt and Krystaly
www.SheerElegancePhotography.com
info@SheerElegancePhotography.com

Saved by extenuating circumstances

My aunt and her kids are moving here from Texas this weekend. They got one of those moving pod thingys and I was supposed to be at my grandparent's house (where they will be staying) at noon to show the guy where the pod was supposed to go. Well, 6:30 this morning my phone rings and of course I'm not going to answer it. No sane person should ever be up that early. Then around 9 or so I get a call from my aunt. Apparently the random call I got was the pod people, they were delivering the thing and she ended up guiding them over the phone to where the pod was supposed to go.

It was a rough morning. I have finally figured out what I can and can't eat in the morning to keep things down. So I thought I was completely safe when I washed and cut up my peach. My mistake. Peach is NOT pleasant coming back up, especially after you've had to keep it down because you are waging war against the ants attacking your house. Not pleasant, to say the least. It always takes a lot out of me, so needless to say I felt like garbage.

At around 12:30 I was going to be doing a photoshoot at my grandparents house, where I was supposed to be helping put that pod thing in the right place. My friend Ashley is due in just a few weeks and we wanted to do some Maternity pictures of her. We were also going to do a few of her son, who just turned one a few months ago. We photographed her wedding, her son's 6 month pictures, and family pictures in the interim. We were supposed to do Maternity pictures for her first baby, but we were in Utah and they were here in Las Vegas so it just never worked out. I was so exited to finally do these for her! I have always wanted to put together an album that goes from engagements to wedding to maternity to family. But, back on subject.... I got a call from Ashley this morning. Her son got a black eye yesterday rough-housing with a cousin, so his pictures were out. And she was going into labor! Needless to say, we will be doing newborn pictures in a couple of days instead of maternity... 

Definitely a crazy morning.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

When I was preggo, peaches made me sick too. Only in the morning, and it was pretty much anything that had sugar in it, would make me sick in the morning, but peaches especially. Probably because they were my FAVORITE thing to eat. Don't you love having to give up your fave foods for 9 months! The things we do for our kids! :)

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Sorry about all the ants, yuck. Are we still able to do the party at their house or is someone living there now?

Jess said...

haha!...but also not so "haha." Sad about the labor before the pictures & a black eye!

I agree, no-one should be up before 6am...today my 21 month old was up at 5:30am (the butt crack of dawn). He'd gone to bed late at 11pm too! Oh geeze!

read the other comment on you last post too. :)

Jess said...

Oh, have you done the "wives tale" quiz on about.com/pregnancy ? I think thats the address. Are you wanting to know asap?!