Hello and Welcome!

Friends and clients alike have been hounding us for ages to have a blog, so we finally broke down and started one. Please feel free to comment, we love to hear what people have to say about our work!

Enjoy!
~Matt and Krystaly
www.SheerElegancePhotography.com
info@SheerElegancePhotography.com

When it rains it POURS!!

Our pest-control guy came and sprayed our house on Tuesday for our routine stuff. They come every couple months and we haven't had too many problems so far. But, by Wednesday afternoon the island in my kitchen where my sink is was being thronged by about 50 ants! I freaked out and called the exterminator. They had someone come out first thing Thursday morning to kill our little intruders. Well, instead of killing them (as I was hoping) he sprayed the baseboards and put his little ant bait goop here and there. Unfortunately for us he was no match for the ants! He said it would be better in a day or two, but they had to bring the bait back to the colony. Ok, now that part I get. But the guy wasn't smart enough to look in the cabinet and find the source. Where he sprayed and baited there weren't even ants!! I got home from class last night to find our counter completely swarmed with them! (we progressively kept cleaning them off and dousing our counter in ammonia) I decided to give it a night to let the bait do its job. Stupid move on my part. We got up this morning and I swear an entire colony of these things was ON TOP OF MY COUNTER! Hundreds, literally! I went to the store and bought some Raid. Hooray for Killing on Contact! I also bought and laid the bait traps that they have at the store. It's sad when a sick pregnant lady can do a better job than a 'trained expert'. *ugh* Anyone know a good exterminator? Looks like we will be switching ASAP!

The worst part about the ants? Kylan's birthday is tomorrow so we will be having family over on Sunday for dinner, cake and ice cream... And the ants aren't exactly helping with my morning sickness!! 

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh...that sucks! I guess exterminators aren't exactly the most intelligent of them all. :(

Rachael said...

Duh on the good exterminator....us? That is what Steve and I do. Call if you need more help!

Juliet Douglas said...

I hate ANTS!
Did I read right? Are you pregnant?!?!

Jess said...

So the words out! I wanna see the ultrasound as soon as you get one!

Okay, now onto the ants...yes those Raid traps were the only thing that worked for us for the Spring & Fall ants. We had to lay them out only at Night so Jr. wouldn't pick them up.

I'm sorry you're feeling sick. :( That V8 Fusion 100% juice sold at Wal-Mart (or wherever) -was the only "nutrition" I got for a while during the first trimester. Thats because most pre-natal vitamins made me throw up too. So I take it no Little Caesars right now? Haha.